The vision of the Umdloti Smart Village project is sustainable peace of mind and community development
Interim Board 24 Feb 2020
- Joy is a registered architect and principal of Joy Brasler Architects and has been in practice since 2008. She has specialized in the design and delivery of high-end residential properties throughout South Africa as well as the design of various game lodges through Africa.
- Has been the Umdloti correspondent on the Sibaya Precinct Design Review Panel.
- Has three properties in Umdloti and Sibaya and has lived in Umdloti for the past 4 years on Bellamont Road.
- Is passionate about a well-designed, secure environment and any opportunities to make Umdloti better.
- Purchased a unit in Bahia Village 10 years ago.
- Retired to Umdloti 8 years ago after a career in journalism, communications and crisis management
- Became involved with civic affairs in response to community concerns about the Sibaya Development. Campaigned with the Umdloti Beach Ratepayers and Residents Association; and more recently also with the UIP.
- Has been a member of the Smart Village Task Team since May last year.
- Believes that Umdloti Village has only one chance to take control of its destiny through community self-management and that the recent alignment of interests between Umdloti Ridge and Umdloti Village is a golden opportunity that cannot be lost.
- Purchased the property at 66/67 NBR a year ago.
- Plans to develop the property along the beach to include renovations to the existing dwelling, as well as the addition of a new dwelling and swimming pool.
- Qualified as a Chartered Management Accountant and well as a financial accountant.
- Has 14 years’ experience in the banking industry working in Europe, Hong Kong, and South Africa.
- Is a specialist in Data, Large scale software implementation, and project management.
- Has a passion and deep interest in making a substantial change in the social, security and economic interests of Umdloti.
Pierre van Zyl
- Bought in Umdloti 1 5th Ave in 1999 after renting at NBR for three years.
- Own commercial property and a house in Umdloti. Has been involved with UIP for the past 8 years.
- Await CV
The Draft Budget:
As requested by numerous residents who want to sign up for the Smart Village project, the Task Team has pleasure in presenting the draft budget (which is a work in progress and will be adjusted according to need and circumstances)
1. The budget is based on 70% support from:
- 198 Free standing homes
- 1 949 Apartments from 47 Sectional Title complexes
2. The budget includes in year 1:
- 3 x dedicated Village staff + offices
- 2 x Dedicated precinct Vehicles
- 1 x dedicated controller
- 1 x dedicated technical team
- 1 x foot patrol guard
- 1 x mobile guard
- 5 x CCTV cameras
- 50 x CCTV Cameras
- 260m of fence line
3. In year 2 we add:
- 1 x dedicated vehicle (3 total)
- 1 x dedicated maintenance team (2 total)
- 20 x additional CCTV cameras (70+ in total)
- 110 additional meters of fence line in high risk areas
4. The income and expenditure include VAT
6. Branded Umdloti Village Fibre
We are in advanced talks to introduce branded Umdloti Village Fibre for the exclusive use of Village Members which will generate additional income. The total figure is yet to be confirmed.
5. We expect the maintenance team to ultimately be income generating
7. We expect to be able to derive income from advertising as well
Umdloti Smart Village Initiative Documents
Aide Memoire Smart Village Community Meeting 20 Feb 2020
Devmco Smart Village Commitment 20 Feb 2020
Umdloti Village NPC MOI Draft 3 16 Feb 2020
Smart Village FAQs as at 12 Feb 2020
Construction for Fibre Infrastructure: Route Build Section 6 – 31 Jan 2020
Umdloti Village FAQs 1.5 4 Nov 2019
Aide Memoire Village NPC Complex Meeting Sandbar 28 Oct 2019
SmartVillage Draft Budget 11 Nov 2019
Ongoing Vision for additional Services (Await documentation)
All we need now is for you to indicate your support in principle of this initiative:
Freehold owners / Body Corporate Chairs & Commercial entities ONLY:
In the first instance, all we want now is to indicate your support in principle for the Umdloti Smart Village initiative and model as described by completing the online form below.
Your final commitment (and payment) will be conditional upon:
a. A minimum of 70% of residents/owners/body corporates joining the NPC as members and making the target contributions, or
b. The minimum operational budget for Umdloti Smart Village being otherwise met, whichever occurs first.
Once we have achieved the conditions set out above, the fees apply as follows:
The target contribution by members for Phase 1 is a once-off membership application fee of:
- R2000 per individual household;
- R800 per complex unit, payable by the Body Corporate; and
- R5000 per commercial entity
- R980 a month per individual household;
- R400 a month per complex unit, payable by the Body Corporate; and
- R3000 a month per commercial entity.